Crafting is an important part of character progression in Edge of Space, it allows the player to create items essential to the characters survival and some cosmetic items. Using various equipment and collected resources the character is able to create more powerful items depending on their current research levels.
How to craft[edit | edit source]
Selecting a schematic[edit | edit source]
To select a schematic you wish to craft press V to bring up the crafting panel and select your desired schematic.
Filtering the schematic list[edit | edit source]
There are two ways to manage and filter the schematic list to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
- Select a category for the drop down menu to the right left of the crafting panel, this will reduce the list to only items in that category.
- Type in the filter box below the drop down menu, this will filter the list with entries containing your search.
Required stations[edit | edit source]
Some schematics require placeable devices called stations such as the Workbench in order to be able to craft the item. These requirements are shown once the schematic is selected just below the item description.
Selecting resources to be used[edit | edit source]
After selecting a schematic, you are then required to select what resources you wish to use.
There are two ways of adding resources to a schematic.
- Use the drop down arrows to input the resources you wish to use.
- Drag and drop the resources you wish to use from your inventory to the box provided in the crafting panel.
- Click the "Auto" button, to have the game pull the needed resources, and bypass choosing each resource.
Identifying required resources[edit | edit source]
Each resource has a resource type tree that allows you to identify the type of resource and match it with what is required by the schematic.
It is possible for multiple resources to match the type of resource the schematic is looking for.
It is also possible for a single resource to match multiple required resources by the schematic.
Completing the craft[edit | edit source]
Once resources are allotted and your character is next to any required stations, press the SCIENCE button at the bottom right of the crafting panel. The item will then be placed in your inventory if you have room.